Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"Speaking Hands" Online – with Finger Spell Flashcards

Birgit Butz just wrote me to say that her new German language website www.sprechende-haende.de is now online."Speaking Hands" is focused on baby signing, with information about courses, games and books about baby signing. Oh yes, she integrated the Fingerspell Flashcards directly into her site, so you can practice and master Fingerspelling in German.

My entry into signing was through baby signs. Some friends of mine used baby signs to communicate with their son before he was ready to talk and I had a similar experience with my daughter. It made life so much easier for everyone involved (and today at 7, my daughter is a very eloquent speaker).

So Birgit, I think yours is a very worthwhile endeavor! Best of luck to you and your site!

No comments: